Monday, March 17, 2014

Disney Princess Half Marathon: Fit for a Princess Expo 2014

The Expo Post!

Disney's "Fit for a Princess Expo" was magical. In fact, it was so magical that I just had to buy everything that picked up; something about Disney does that to me. 

If you are staying in a Disney resort there is transportation to and from the expo. Initially, our resort had absolutely no idea what was going on with the buses for the expo. We called the Polynesian, because it was the closest other location to our hotel, they didn't know either. Eventually we gave up and went to bed, with plans of walking to the expo if we had to. Yes, walking to the expo, that is how bad our shopping problems are. Well lucky for us, they scheduled a bus last minute and we didn't have to walk after all. We were actually some of the very first people to arrive...YES!!! 

Once we arrived at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, the true excitement set in. I'm not sure if it was because I knew I was getting three shirts for free (read: paid for 8 months ago), or that I could pretty much buy any running apparel/gear I could possibly want, in practically any variety. 

Given my extensive research on RunDisney expo's, I figured out that we should go to the expo part first to make any purchases from vendors that may have special edition Princess Half 2014 products, or really anything that I wanted and thought they might run out of. The night before the expo RunDisney released pictures of some of the official merchandise, so we were also running towards that area to shop. I also had a pretty good idea of which vendors I wanted to checkout because I follow a few of them on social networks and they also put up pictures of the merchandise they would have. 

My top priorities were:
- Sweaty Bands
- Sparkle Skirts
- SPI Belts
- Flip Belts
- Raw Threads
- Sparkle Athletic
- Official Merchandise

I went running for the Sweaty Bands tent as soon as I saw it, soon to be distracted by the the Sparkle Skirts tent, where I may or may not have splurged on an Elsa inspired skirt and cape.

This is my Elsa Sparkle Skirt!


The Aftermath

What I ended up with:
- 4 pairs of Feetures socks, the best anti-blister running socks ever - they're pretty too! 
- A Sparkle Skirt, which has all of the pockets you could possibly ask for. Sparkle Skirts takes function and design to the next level; I am joining the cult. 
- A cape from Sparkle Skirts to complete my costume. 
- A Raw Threads Elsa inspired tank - absolutely necessary. 
- Official Merchandise including: A Sweaty Band, a Bondi Band, a Champion zip-up jacket, a Champion t-shirt (in addition to the 3 I was already receiving for GSC), an "I Did It!" window cling. 
- A SPI belt 
- More than enough Gu! 

A pretty sign outside of the expo
Now that I have revealed my shopping problem, I hope I find some fellow Disney obsessed shopaholics to sympathize with me.

Keep reading for more posts on my RunDisney week(end)! 

I'll try to keep them coming more frequently, i've just been hit with multiple exams this week, ahhhh the college life...

Run Happy, 
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment