Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Days 2 & 3: Disney Princess Half Marathon Week(end) 2014

Time to get this show on the road with the whole race weekend recap thing...
So here is a combination of 2 days! 

Day 2:
Started with the Fit for a Princess Expo <--- view this post if you want to know more!
After we spent way too much money at the expo, we finally headed to a park! 
Because this was our first official visit to a park and we only had half a day left, I figured Hollywood Studios was our best option because it wouldn't be overcrowded like Magic Kingdom and we had dinner reservations around 7:00 pm. 




The sky looks like a backdrop, but thats actually just how beautiful the weather was! 
Despite the beautiful weather, the lines actually weren't so bad! We had time for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, and Muppet*Vision 3D. 




We had dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater! Such a fun dining experience!


You get to sit in booths that are made to look like vintage muscle cars. 


It wouldn't be a Drive-In theater without the cheesy 1950s Sci-Fi Movies (with a few Disney classics). I think they play a loop of clips, but I was honestly too preoccupied by the food to truly pay attention. 

The menu is 1950s American cuisine. There are about three vegetarian options, I went with the Vegetarian Shepard's Pie Sci Fi-Style, its a very interesting dish - sorry there are no pictures, I was starving! The menu description reads: Fresh Vegetables and Vegetable Patty topped with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Melted Cheddar. For such a different type of entree, I really enjoyed it; a great alternative to the typical veggie burger option that I am so accustomed to. Oh, and the milkshake - not optional. 


The Sorcerer Mickey Hat was looking very majestic, especially considering the lack of tourists around. ha! 
We actually ended up in the park after-hours because our reservation overlapped with closing time. Great photo-op! That almost never happens in Disney - what a great way to end day 2! 




Day 3: 

We began in Animal Kingdom, which I realized is one of my favorite parks. Disney does such a great job of making me feel like i'm in the middle of the Lion King; my favorite movie as a child. But really, I had the lunchbox, the bedding, even the sing-along book with all of the lyrics. 

Not until this day did we discover how FASTPASS+ works, which we took advantage of as soon as we understood. We accomplished Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, the Kilimanjaro Safaris all within about an hour and a half given time between for things like....


 Mickey Pretzels! Am I the only one who thinks everything tastes better when it is Mickey Mouse shaped? Yeah, I didn't think so. 



Did you know, there are more fake flamingos in the world than real ones? 



Of course I had to get a picture of the Tree of Life! 

Okay, so this post went a little long...I am going to do a separate post covering the Pasta in the Park Party! 



Run Happy, 
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment